Thursday 17 July 2008

Angron's Fury

I bit the bullet and finally bought myself a Baneblade kit.

I had planned a Fellblade for my Pre-Heresy World Eaters for some time, but I actually bought the kit (and a Soulgrinder) with the intention of making a Deathdealer for my chaos forces.

Something inside in restored my resolve upon opening the box. Angron had yet use for me.

And so I slave...
I've been taking the model as a modular task - each part to be painted separately and then glued or magnetised together once finished.

The painting is very simple. White undercoat, Badab black wash, white drybrush. Highlights and selective white glaze where required.

The studs were glazed black, then painted Boltgun and washed with Badab black to finish. I let the wash touch the white plate in some places for shadow.

The tracks took a black base coat (I just did a black glaze on the white primer), then painted Broze and brushed boltgun. A Delvan Mud wash applied to the whole area and then some Boltgun highlights where required.

2 comments:

Neil of Orange said...

Its a great colour and finish, *bump* the new washes

Tristan M said...

This is exactly how I want my baneblade to look. Could you expand upon what white glaze you used??