Wednesday 10 September 2008

Light of Terra!

I began painting my 'proto-chaplain' last night. I may well enter it in Golden Daemon - I need something to enter just to get in early, even if it's not the best I can do!

The main motivation for pushing this guy for Sunday is that he's based on the Games Day special model. I've rebuilt his chest with greenstuff into a skull, given him new arms, a custom backpack and helmet. Lots of extra studs for that Pre-Heresy goodness too.

We know from the various text and picture resources that Pre-heresy Chaplains had kull masks, black armour and a Crozius. I have taken this back to the post-Unification period that my Dusk Raiders emerged, albeit with a more retrofit helmet style.

The red and bone is pretty much done. The black plate and gubbins need addressing next.

No comments: